Being involved in a truck accident can be a frightening experience. Semi trucks traveling at high speeds can inflict a great deal of damage and that can lead to serious injuries. If you or a loved one were involved in a truck accident in Columbia, SC, the team of experienced attorneys at LEIP Law can help.
When you are involved in a truck accident, it is different than a typical car accident. There could be a number of parties held liable for damages. But you don’t have to worry about who is to blame and which party is most responsible for your injuries. The team at LEIP Law will take care of all those details and determine who is liable. That could include any of the following parties:
- Driver of truck
- Trucking company
- Trucking products manufacturer
- Trucking products distributor
- Cargo shipper
The reason for your truck accident could be caused by defective truck parts, driver negligence or improper loading of the truck with cargo. Finding the source of the issue is accomplished through a thorough investigation process conducted by the professionals at LEIP Law.
Auto Accident Injuries
The term truck accident does not refer to collisions involving pickup trucks. Large trucks that exceed 10,000 pounds are referred to as tractor trailers or semis. The sheer size of these trucks cause serious accidents that can involve multiple cars. You do not have to bear the main brunt of truck accident to receive compensation. Even if your injuries are not as severe as other motorists involved in the same accident, you are still entitled to be compensated for your pain, suffering and losses.
The Legal Process
When you hire a Columbia, SC truck accident attorney at LEIP Law, you will have a legal representative by your side through the entire process.
- Investigation – Our attorneys conduct in-depth investigations on everything involved with your truck accident. Insurance companies typically try to settle for much less than is rightfully deserved, which is why it is important to collect every fact and circumstance.
- Filing a claim – Once the investigations have been concluded, an LEIP lawyer will file a claim on your behalf. That claim will highlight the liable party or parties, the demand for compensation and other pertinent factors.
- Negotiation and Litigation – Our attorneys will attempt to reach a settlement through the negotiation process and when that does not occur, we will represent you in court during the litigation stage where we will present your case.