Spinal Cord Injury
A spinal cord injury can severely change someone’s life. It can also take away people’s ability to take care of themselves. Moving forward, daily living expenses could see a dramatic increase and that’s why it’s important to be compensated for your spinal cord injury. LEIP Law can help you through this difficult time by getting you compensation from the responsible party that caused your spinal cord injury.
The most obvious impact of a spinal cord injury is paralysis. That can be defined as full or partial paralysis, depending on the specifics of a spinal cord injury. But there are other ways people can be impacted by a spinal cord injury and they are as follows:
- Loss of bladder control
- Loss of sexual functionality
- Numbness and stinging
- Labored breathing
At LEIP Law, we investigate the circumstances surrounding a spinal cord injury. That is done to determine culpability and identifying the party or parties responsible for your spinal cord injury. That could apply to a plethora of situations, people and organizations. Here is a closer look at some of the parties that could be responsible for inflicting a spinal cord injury:
- Negligent driver – Car accidents are a primary cause of spinal cord injuries in the United States.
- Violent criminal – Gunshot wounds and assaults often lead to spinal cord injuries.
- Doctor – Medical professionals may fail to diagnose a spinal cord infection.
- EMT – A failure to secure someone properly after an injury could worsen the situation.
- Manufacturer – A faulty product could be responsible for the cause of a spinal cord injury.
Expected Compensation For An Injury
Those who suffer a spinal cord injury typically see their lives permanently changed. Medical care can become an everyday occurrence as it is often a necessity for survival. When calculating compensation, there is a need to consider years, or even a lifetime, of medical costs. It is not an injury that is healed with a few months of therapy.
Compensation should also consider the impact of this injury beyond the mere cost of medical care. Both physical and emotional recovery is going to take a lot of time. There could be a lot of mental anguish as many lives are permanently changed. LEIP Law accounts for everything involved and is ready to be your Columbia, SC spinal cord attorney.