Burn injuries can be extremely painful and lead to permanent disfigurement, scarring and even death. When someone or some entity is responsible for your burn injury, there is cause for compensation. There is no reason you should not be compensated for all the pain and suffering that comes along with a burn injury. LEIP Law is ready to help you by providing an experienced burn injury attorney in Columbia, SC.
Personal Injury Attorney
A burn injury is a type of personal injury, which is specialty area of practice at LEIP Law. One of our personal injury attorneys oversee your claim and do our part at seeking justice for you. Burn injuries can happen in a variety of ways in a variety of locations. We will investigate the incident and put together a comprehensive strategy that aims to get you the highest amount of compensation. Here is a look at the most common situations that lead to burn injuries:
- Fire in a building
- Auto accident
- Oil refinery incident
- Construction accident
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
Types of Burn Injuries
It is key to know the specificity of a burn injury as they are classified into different types. There are varying degrees of burns that signify severity as well. First degree burns are the least severe and they are followed by second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth degree burns. The higher the degree, the more severe it is. The degree of burn could also determine the amount of compensation that a victim might expect to receive. Here is a look at the different categories of burns:
- Thermal – The most common kinds of burn, this results from making contact with fire or some object that is very hot.
- Chemical – Toxic chemicals can inflict burns that could be internal or external. These are sustained from exposure to corrosive fumes.
- Electrical – A high voltage of electricity has the potential to cause major burns which may also damage nerves and induce cardiac problems.
- Radiation – These burns are a result of exposure to ultraviolet or radioactive rays and excessive exposure may lead to skin cancer.
There is no replacement for the pain or scarring you may have suffered from a burn injury. But we are here to see that you are fully compensated for your injuries. Contact a personal injury attorney at LEIP Law today and we will get started on your burn injury claim.