Victims of motorcycle accidents typically incur some type of injuries. Those injuries can range from mild to catastrophic. Any kind of injury could lead to compensation when the victim is not at fault. The path to compensation for a motorcycle accident in Columbia, SC starts with a phone call to LEIP Law.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys will help you through the entire process as we formulate a strategy to get you the highest possible compensation. There are lots of reasons that another driver could be liable for your motorcycle accident. That is why it is important to investigate every facet of an accident in order to put together the best strategy. Here is a look at some of the reasons a motorcycle accident could cause
- Distracted Driving – One of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents is the negligence of other motorists. This could involve the use of a mobile device, using a GPS or some other activity that prompts negligence.
- Bad Road Conditions – There are instances when an overgrowth of vegetation or a large pothole causes a motorcycle accident. There does not have to be another driver involved for negligence to be the cause as poor drainage, faulty stoplights and improper signage can cause serious injuries.
- Motorcycle Defects – A motorcycle with a defective design could lead to issues with brakes, tires steering and fuel systems. This would place the manufacturer as the one liable for any injuries and damage.
- Violating Traffic Laws – Other motorists who fail to yield or use their turn signal could inadvertently hit a motorcycle. Speeding, careless driving, tailgating and running a red light are violations that could cause an accident. When that occurs, the guilty party is liable.
Types of Injuries That Can Occur
Back and neck injuries are common in motorcycle accidents. That could require physical therapy in the midst of a lot of pain and suffering. Broken bones are also common in motorcycle accidents while some victims may even suffer head injuries. The state of South Carolina does not have a mandatory motorcycle helmet law for persons over the age of 21. A severe head injury could lead to lifelong complications. Here is a look at some of the issues that can result from a motorcycle accident:
- Diminished quality of life
- High medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Time off work
- Pain and suffering
- Death or catastrophic injury
If you are in a Columbia, SC motorcycle accident, contact LEIP Law and let us help get the compensation you deserve.