Our motorcycle accident attorneys will help you through the entire process as we formulate a strategy to get you the highest possible compensation. There are lots of reasons that another driver could be liable for your motorcycle accident. That is why it is important to investigate every facet of an accident in order to put together the best strategy. Here is a look at some of the reasons a motorcycle accident could cause
- Distracted Driving – One of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents is the negligence of other motorists. This could involve the use of a mobile device, using a GPS or some other activity that prompts negligence.
- Bad Road Conditions – There are instances when an overgrowth of vegetation or a large pothole causes a motorcycle accident. There does not have to be another driver involved for negligence to be the cause as poor drainage, faulty stoplights and improper signage can cause serious injuries.
- Motorcycle Defects – A motorcycle with a defective design could lead to issues with brakes, tires steering and fuel systems. This would place the manufacturer as the one liable for any injuries and damage.
- Violating Traffic Laws – Other motorists who fail to yield or use their turn signal could inadvertently hit a motorcycle. Speeding, careless driving, tailgating and running a red light are violations that could cause an accident. When that occurs, the guilty party is liable.
Types of Accident Injuries
Back and neck injuries are common in motorcycle accidents. That could require physical therapy in the midst of a lot of pain and suffering. Broken bones are also common in motorcycle accidents while some victims may even suffer head injuries. The state of South Carolina does not have a mandatory motorcycle helmet law for persons over the age of 21. A severe head injury could lead to lifelong complications. Here is a look at some of the issues that can result from a motorcycle accident:
- Diminished quality of life
- High medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Time off work
- Pain and suffering
- Death or catastrophic injury
Should I hire a Motorcycle Attorney?
It is important to know that even when another driver appears to blatantly be responsible for your motorcycle accident, an insurance company is not going to write you a large check without a fight. You will likely have to work to get that settlement, and that means bypassing all the tactics used by insurance companies. There is no shortage of tactics and methods insurers will use to try to get out of paying compensation or alleviating the amount of a payout.
You are not required to hire a motorcycle attorney to handle your claim. You are free to represent yourself, although that may hinder your claim and put you at a tremendous disadvantage. This is where an LEIP Law motorcycle attorney can step in and help. T
Motorcycle accidents usually involve a variety of injuries, as there is not the added structural protection that exists in a car accident. Motorcycle operators are left to bear the full brunt of collisions, which can lead to severe injuries and even death. That could mean higher medical, therapy, and rehabilitation bills. Compensation for motorcycle accident may include the following:
- Payment of medical bills
- Lifestyle changes to adjust to your injury
- Paying monthly bills
- Enhance overall quality of life
At LEIP Law, we take into consideration the specifics involved with your motorcycle accident. Without an experienced lawyer by your side, there are so many details that can be missed.
How our attorney will work for your motorcycle accident claim
Our many years of experience with motorcycle claims allows us to rely on knowing the ins and outs of these types of claims. We are also privy to the precise ways in which insurance companies will try to maneuver in an effort to reduce payouts. Our experience allows us to counter their every move.
Our methods are very detailed when it comes to planning out a strategy. We consider the fact that each claim could wind up going to trial, and we prepare for every turn that may include. Insurance companies prey on victims who do not fully understand the extent of the legal process.
Usually, when insurance companies find out you have legal representation, they are less inclined to use as many underhanded tactics. Most times, their approach immediately changes, and that is something that can work to your advantage.
Motorcycle Injuries Common in Claims
Injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident are generally more severe than those sustained in car accident injuries on average. They could be quite serious, as it is no secret that operating a motorcycle comes with a fair share of risks. Here is a look at some of the more common motorcycle accident injuries sustained on a regular basis:
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Loss of Limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Road rash
These injuries can also lead to lifelong conditions, which may even require a high level of around the clock care. Some accidents result in death, and that can lead to a wrongful death lawsuit. Whatever the extent of your injuries, the team of professionals at LEIP Law are here to help. It is our goal to get the most compensation and increase the quality of your life.
What you should know about a motorcycle accident claim
In the process of putting together a strategy for your claim, our motorcycle accident lawyers will conduct the following:
- Thorough analysis of all police reports, witness statements, photos, etc.
- Gather evidence showing negligence of other motorist
- Identify the precise cause of the accident with proof
- Put together a lucid argument showing liability
- Draw on years of law firm experience handling motorcycle accident cases
- Complete calculation of the scope of damages
- Take over all interactions and dealings with insurance company
- Serve as your representative in legal proceedings
At LEIP Law, we can determine your losses, which may extend to physical, economic, mental, and all other meaningful aspects. We then formulate a strategy and negotiate with insurance companies. The good news is, we do not get paid until you do, so we will not bill you while your claim is pending. Our job is to work for you and see to it that you get the maximum amount of compensation for your motorcycle accident you deserve.
If you are in a Columbia, SC motorcycle accident, contact LEIP Law and let us help get the compensation you deserve.