Car accidents can range from minor to moderate to catastrophic. No matter what kind of car accident you are involved in, there is the potential to receive compensation for injuries and damage to your vehicle. There are also other areas to consider when filing a car accident claim and an experienced attorney at LEIP Law can help with your car accident claim in Columbia, SC.
Columbia, SC Auto Accident Lawyers
Car accidents can occur for a variety of reasons and the guilty party typically displays some form of negligence that contributes to the crash. In other words, someone is always at fault. Even when a defective part or product causes a car accident, the company that manufactured or the business that installed that part is liable. At LEIP Law, it is our job to find fault and that occurs as a result of our thorough investigation. Our car accident attorneys will take the following measures to devise a strategy for your car accident claim:
- Examine police report
- Investigate all aspects of the accident
- Communicate with other driver’s insurance carrier
- Look into other driver’s record
- Calculate rightful amount of compensation
- Negotiate settlement with insurance company
- Provide litigation services in court
It is important to know how to deal with insurance companies as they are typically the ones forced to pay out the compensation to victims injured in a crash. While insurance companies may give off the impression that they have the victim’s best interest in mind, their devotion is to their own business. That means they will attempt to pay out as little as possible by using a variety of tactics. At LEIP Law, we know all those tactics and make sure our clients are not taken advantage of by a large insurance company.
Different Types of Accidents
There are many types of collisions that can cause a variety of injuries. Head-on collisions can be very severe while rear-end collisions may not inflict as many injuries. We handle all car accident claims and that includes side collisions, ones that are a result of a lane change and other types of instances where another driver was at fault.
There are also steps to take after you are involved in a car accident and the most important one is to contact a car accident attorney. Our team at LEIP Law is standing by to provide you with a top car accident attorney in Columbia, SC.
Causes For A Crash
There is a myriad of reasons that car accidents occur, and when it is the fault of another driver, you may be entitled to receive compensation. Insurance companies will try to offer you much less than you deserve and that is where an attorney at LEIP Law can help. Even if other motorists have perfect driving records leading up to an auto accident, it does not necessarily free them from liability. Here is a look at the most common causes involved in car accident claims:
- Distracted Driving
- Texting and driving
- Careless driving
- Defective parts
- Animal crossing
- Inexperienced drivers
In the event that a defective part is responsible for the accident, you may be able to seek compensation from the part manufacturer. The same scenario applies to faulty workmanship of a mechanic or auto repair shop. If their work contributed to the car accident, then you may seek compensation from those responsible parties.
Compensation For Injuries
When you are involved in a car accident, there are several variables that go into the amount of financial compensation you may be able to receive. That involves calculating physical damages, injuries, treatment and more. The job of your car accident attorney will be to determine all those factors and calculate costs that will account for all your expenses, repairs, and suffering. This typically includes consideration for future treatment as well as any lost wages. Here is a look at many of the areas that may warrant compensation following a car accident in Columbia, SC:
- Medical care
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Lost work wages
- Long-term disability
- Automobile repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
- Decrease in quality of life
- Inability to return to work
It is important to devise the right strategy in your car accident claim. That is done with a team of lawyers who share years of experience handling personal injury claims involving auto accidents of many types. Even in cases that result in death, we are here for the families who are forced to go through this trying time.
Being involved in a car accident can be an extremely frightening experience. Things happen in a flash, and the jolt, collision, and wreckage can leave a lasting impression. Having an attorney on your side will allow you to heal and get back to your normal life. A car accident attorney and the staff at LEIP Law assists in taking care of the specifics involved in your claim. Here is a breakdown of the most common injuries suffered in a car accident:
- Soft Tissue – These are the most commonly suffered injuries in a car accident. These injuries involve damage to the soft tissue in the body, which includes damage to tendons, muscles or ligaments. Whiplash is also an example of a soft tissue injury as it is defined as neck pain that is a result from a sudden jolt, like the ones experienced in a car crash.
- Lacerations – Car accidents can involve fragments of shattered glass flying around, which could lead to all types of cuts and scrapes. If the laceration is severe enough, then it could lead to permanent scarring, which may be factored into the overall compensation amount. It should also be noted that airbags can be responsible for lacerations.
- Head injuries – These can lead to serious injuries and could come with lifelong implications. Collisions, especially ones sustained at high speeds, can really jolt an individual and send their head moving in all directions. It may just result in a concussion or minor bruising, but it could lead to brain damage.
- Chest Injuries – These types of injuries are common during a car accident because of the position of the steering wheel. Seatbelts may also keep you from flying forward and, in the process, cause damage to the chest area.
- Limb Injuries – Broken bones in arms and legs are not uncommon in car accidents. Injuries to arms and legs, however, are not limited to broken bones. There are all types of issues than can impact these parts of the body during a car accident.
Handling Insurance Companies
Most often, when an at-fault driver is insured, the insurance company will take over and handle the claims process. In doing so, they will attempt to pay you as little as possible. These are businesses whose first priority is making money. Doling out large amounts of compensation is not going to be good for their bottom line. It is important to understand this because no matter how helpful or concerned these insurance company representatives may seem, their allegiance is to the company and not to you.
When you hire a LEIP Law attorney to handle your car accident claim, we deal directly with insurance companies. This means you will not have to answer questions or worry about doing something that may negatively impact your claim. This eases the stress and worry that can accompany a car accident. You have enough to worry about and attend to following a car crash and do not need the added stresses that can be brought on by pushy insurance company representatives.
Personal Car Accident Legal representation
LEIP Law caters to each client’s individual situation. We will fight to get your claim the most compensation possible. Understanding that no two cases are the same, we personalize each strategy to meet your individual needs. You have the right to legal counsel that is personalized and designed with your very own strategy. At LEIP Law, our clients are our first priority. When you enlist our services, you can expect the following:
- Complete investigation and analysis of your auto accident case
- Taking over communication with representatives from insurance carriers
- Creation of comprehensive car accident claim
- Availability to answer your questions or concerns
- Experienced legal advice on how to navigate situation
- Handle settlement negotiations
Mental health issues after an auto accident
Not every injury sustained in a car accident is physical. There are lasting effects that can impact a person’s mental state. Suffering psychological problems following a car crash is common and may be treated. There is still a need, however, to be compensated for pain and suffering as well as a decrease in one’s quality of life. Here are some conditions that could impact victims of car accidents:
- Depression and anxiety
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Disorientation or confusion
- Reluctance to drive again
- Loss of sexual appetite
Many car accident victims suffer emotional problems that are brought on by the psychological impact of being in a crash. We understand this reality and are sympathetic to these conditions. LEIP Law will assign you a car accident lawyer that will work to get you compensation for documented mental health issues that have been determined to be a result of your incident.
Medical Care after a car accident
One of the most important steps to take following a car accident is to seek medical attention. It is important to schedule and show up for follow-up appointments. While a lawyer at LEP Law will handle the specifics of your car accident claim, you have the responsibility of maintaining medical care. This can also have a direct impact on your claim. A failure to show up for medical appointments, consultations, therapy, or rehabilitation could hurt your chance of receiving full compensation. You can be a tremendous help to your accident attorney by making good on all your medical care and appointments.